Tails of the City, a Bay Area pet blog, has a great post about the origin of the phrase “curiosity killed the cat.” Turns out it was originally “care killed the cat,” with care meaning worry or sorrow. This could definitely apply to my cat, Jack, who has his fair share of neuroses, including what can only be described as a kitty panic attack that occurs when he can’t find his girlfriend, a fuzzy blue blanket that he humps several times a day.
curiosity killed the cat
September 30, 2008 by worldwidewhiskers
- keyboard cat reincarnated: http://worldwidewhiskers.org/2010/03/16/keyboard-cat-reincarnated/ 7 years ago
- vivienne westwood attacked by stuffed cat: http://bit.ly/9FrTRF 7 years ago
- cat playing the theremin http://bit.ly/cqHuzY 7 years ago
- the cutest thing i've seen all day: http://bit.ly/a1y03m 7 years ago
- @JosephPapa reading that made my day. you are a tiny child! 7 years ago